Work Health & Safety POLICY
At Direct Edge Work Health and Safety comes before all else.
To maintain our safe work environment Direct Edge will:
- Continue to comply and conform to internationally recognized standard AS/NZS 4801:2001 and BS EN 18001:2007
- Identify and act on hazards that pose a risk of injury or illnesses
- Consult, communicate and commit to practicable resolutions involving Work Health and Safety
- Ensure staff are inducted and educated as to health and safety requirements
- Utilize “Hierarchy of Controls” to implement / eliminate the hazard or reduce the risk of a hazard causing loss / damage / injuries.
- Maintain knowledge of and comply with relevant laws and regulations
- Require compliance to WHS policy and procedure from all employees, sub-contractors and suppliers
- Monitor, review and develop Company strategies surrounding Work Health and Safety to ensure continued improvement and effectiveness
- Ensure contraventions relating to Work Health and Safety are treated accordingly
- Empower Direct Edge employees and sub-contractors to embrace a ZERO HARM philosophy to Work Health and Safety
Our workplace safety program revolves around a process of monitoring, examining, identifying and minimising the risk of harm to our employees, contractors and visitors.