As part of our continual commitment to the environment, Direct Edge has implemented systems designed to prevent activities or conditions that pose threats to the environment and we are continually striving to improve our programs and procedures in order to further reduce our environmental impact & prevent pollution.
We communicate our commitment to environmental protection to employees, suppliers and customers and in doing so ask for their assistance in meeting our vision and goals.
Our business plan and manufacturing operations have been tasked to reduce negative impacts and create positive environmental outcomes wherever possible.
To achieve our commitment to the environment Direct Edge will:
- Continue to comply and conform to internationally recognized standard ISO 14001:2015
- Maintain knowledge of and comply with relevant laws and regulations and codes of practice & any other requirements.
- Regularly review our environmental risks, impacts, objectives, targets and management systems by senior management to ensure it continues to deliver an effective outcome.
- Communicate information regarding our environmental management system and performance to our employees, customers, suppliers and the community.
- Continue to investigate methods to reduce hazardous and toxic chemicals/ materials, re use and recycle waste and improve environmental efficiency throughout our business.
- Monitor, review and reduce our energy consumption, waste streams and scrap in consultation with suppliers and customers.